Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soaking My Nuts & Moss; Almond Milk



I was having a grand "cooking" day yesterday, so had jars of nuts, seeds and even some irish moss going. This first photo is (L to R) irish moss, sesame seeds, almonds, macadamias.





My first jars were walnuts, almonds and macadamias. They are so pretty! I'm making some good stuff! I made some wonderful almond milk out of the almonds, and then made crackers with them.




Almond Milk
1 cup raw almonds, soaked 4 hours
2 cups filtered water
½ cup agave nectar, optional
Pinch of sea salt
1 t vanilla extract, optional (for vanilla almond milk)


Process nuts and water in blender until smooth. Strain through nut bag or multiple layers of cheesecloth, reserving the milk. Wring out the cloth. Rinse out blender cup, and place reserved milk along with remaining ingredients. Combine. Taste for sweetness.

No comments: