Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ani's Raw Sandwich


I made this recipe from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, with a few adjustments, as always! I cannot follow a recipe to save my life.


Sesame Sunflower Bread
1 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup whole flax seeds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons yellow onion, halved and sliced
1 1/3 cups filtered water
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup poppy seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds


Mix all until a dough forms. Spread evenly onto dehydrator tray. Dry for 4 hours;flip and score into desired pieces. Dehydrate another hour before serving, or longer if desired.


Ani's Sun Burgers
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds, ground
1/2 cup water


Place all in food processor and mix well until dough forms. Form 4-6 balls into burger patties. Eat as is, or if desired, dehydrate 2-4 hours until outside is dry.


Serve with raw catsup, mustard, lettuce, sliced tomato,raw nut cheese spread, raw pickles or other desired toppings.




I had made these a couple months back and put them in the freezer. I recommend placing wax paper between each slice or burger, so they can be individually removed as needed. The breads were soft, so I toasted them in the toaster on the lowest setting. This crisped up the outside, but the inside was still moist and raw. Yum! I originally dehydrated the burgers, so they were also softer, but I enjoyed them this way.

No comments: